Saturday, October 13, 2012

Home!

I was ready to leave the hospital at about 2:00 p.m., when the occupational therapist gave me a "pass" after I did everything that both she and I could think of, including getting in and out of office chairs.

Fired up the CPM machine for much of the afternoon until my kneecap felt "burned". Figured I might as well be ready to spring when my discharge was complete. I was so happy to see Dr. Arendt at the end of the afternoon, when she dropped by to see her patients before leaving for Europe this evening. Our meeting was very emotional. I am so grateful to her and she was thrilled to see me walking without crutches only 48 hours after surgery.

More waiting. Physical therapist Carla Lewis came by to wish me well. My night nurse, Glenda, told me that today is her birthday. Finally, discharge. More waiting for transport until my favorite, Brandon, arrived and correctly identified Bob as the guy in the red SUV.

I hopped, literally, into the truck and we were home in 15 minutes. Set up the equipment in the living room and lined up the acetominophen, Celebrex and gabapentin (only 100 mg twice daily, for those wringing their hands).

I've been drinking caffeine free coke and water all evening. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment