Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just Another Sunday

Made it through the night without any Tylenol. Not too much pain, but not much sleep either. I was wired from the day's excitement, such as it was. Finally got up just after 5 and took a shower. What a great feeling! No trouble with the tub, but I'm mighty careful. I can see how people fall in the tub and ... that's it! Fortunately, I was not one of them today.

Had a little argument with Bob this morning because I insisted on going to 7:00 o'clock Mass and he thought I should stay home. I had no trouble, although I was afraid of tripping someone with a crutch when I went to communion. We had breakfast at Joseph's and I spent the morning at home with my leg in the passive motion machine and ice pack around the knee. This afternoon's visit to Fort Snelling State Park yielded only one photo op: a turtle that should have been hibernating.

My sister Marilyn and I were both a little concerned about the large amount of Tylenol I was taking (3,000 mg daily). I cut the dose by skipping last night's midnight pill popping. Today I've had 1500 mg and tomorrow I'll see what happens with 500 mg morning and evening. I suspect it will be sufficient. I'll talk with my clinic about this tomorrow morning.

I feel good; I can walk unassisted in the house. Not too much pain. I'm being waited on by my husband. Can't believe the surgery was Thursday afternoon. Pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment