Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 15

I've been surprised that one of my biggest challenges is adapting to a leg that can now be straightened to the horizontal. It had been bent (at least 10 degrees, often more)  for several years and I'd adapted walking, sitting, navigating stairs etc. to compensate for the bent leg.  My physical therapy exercises stretch the backs and sides of my legs and I'm stunned that the simplest activities, like standing on my toes, hurt! Today was better than yesterday. Although my physical therapist, Stephen Austria, has told me to hold off on doing stairs in the normal, reciprocal, way for now, I can feel that I'm almost ready to do so.

I went for a good walk yesterday but woke up to rain and snow today, so I didn't venture out except to go to lunch at Baker's Square with Bob. I'm not willing to risk slipping on leaves just for the sake putting on a few steps. I'm eager to walk a mile; maye tomorrow.

Bob and I are betting on the World Series and on the Vikings game tonight. He is risk averse, especially after I collected $1.00 last night, so I gave him 10 points on a Vikings win (Vikes favored to win by 7).

No comments:

Post a Comment