Saturday, October 20, 2012

Comeuppance

I spent the first part of the week waiting for the boom to fall, and when it didn't, I redoubled my rehab efforts. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a second physical therapy slot after Tuesday's first session, even though I was waitlisted for any time, any therapist. Being experienced at this gig, I designed my own "next steps"  and was soon exceeding even my own expectations. I impressed myself with moves I haven't been able to attempt for years, including a figure skating spiral, on dry land, of course!

After repeated successes, my hips felt a little tired and sore yesterday evening, so I settled for the CPM machine instead of floot slides and leg lifts. I felt the back of my calf and thigh cramp up, so I quit and went to bed. Today I got up bright-eyed and energetic, ready to head out with Bob to put the boat and Corvette in storage.

When I was putting on my left shoe, I felt this awful pain shoot down my left thigh and calf. Like a ragged lightning bolt. Fortunately, I don't think I did any damage and was fine all day, except that I skipped the fancy moves and took a day of rest. I'm feeling quite a bit less cocky than I did a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment