Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Not Much to Report

I'm happy to report that I don't have much to write about. Physical therapy yesterday was uneventful, but I was happy I went. I had forgotten the correct way to do leg raises and had already developed some compensatory bad habits getting up from a chair or lying down.

I was amazed to be back in the gym and so far ahead of where I was last time. I got on the bike at the end of the session and think I could have done a full rotation. However,I was a little tired by then and thought (sensibly for once) that I'd wait until next time. I set up my PT schedule through Thanksgiving, with morning appointments now and afternoon slots after I go back to work on November 15.

The Institute for Athletic Medicine is a busy place: I had to be waitlisted for 3 sessions this week and next. The day was beautiful and I enjoyed being outside for much of the afternoon. We went to a ride (in the car -- wish it could have been on my bike!) around Lake Nokomis. I walked twice as far as I did on Monday, a modest couple of blocks from our house to Prior Avenue. By this time next week my goal is to be up to a similarly modest mile.

Our neighbors, Tom and Ginger Kueppers, brought us an elegant dinner on two trays: sphaghetti casserole, bread sticks, salad, dessert. We visited with Bob's son, Scott,on the deck until late in the afternoon, when the day was beginning to cool from it unseasonable warmth. We watched the presidential debate. While I'm thrilled to say that my recovery is uneventful, even I am bored reading this blog. I won't post again until I hit some kind of milestone.

1 comment: