Thursday, October 11, 2012

Made it!

Arrived at the hospital at about 11:15 and "processing" started almost immediately -- boring for Bob, mostly interesting for me. Terri, one of  the nurses in pre-op/post-op, is a felow Nativity parishioner who goes ro Saturday evening Mass, as we do. I recognized many of staff from the last go-round and my surgeon, Dr. Arendt, mentioned to the care team that she has known both Bob and me for many years. The prep was actually very pleasant and I was in the OR shortly after two.

I first became aware of the time around 5:45 and felt a little disoriented; I was dreaming about work, I think, dealing with yesterday's very interesting problems, or at least that seems to be my memory. The two nurses, Kirk (?) and Terri, told me that we had a plan to manage pain with as few narcotics as possible. Seems to be working so far, and I am so grateful. My mind is clear, despite little sleep last night.

I'm typing this wirh the plastic sensor on my finger, and will have that until tomorrow. Feet are being squeezed  with a boot that inflfates and deflates with rhythmic regularity.Blood pressure registers every 10minutes or so. I've had a couple of popsicles and a 2 half cans of ginger ale. I'm watching the Biden Ryan debate - lookin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment